Indian restaurants in Toronto are not as popular as Chinese or French venues which doesn’t make them any less special. If you love Indian food or want to try it for the first time, you need to do some research to find the best Indian restaurant in Toronto. Since there are many different options to choose from, you need to consider the following details.
Indian restaurant owners don’t pay as much attention to the setup as Canadians, Europeans or Asians do. Usually, you won’t find any expensive looking décor on the tables or the walls. Don’t be put off by such approach. Indian restaurants focus on the quality of their food more than they do on the décor.
When you are browsing the pictures of the top Indian restaurants in Toronto, you might be surprised that the interior doesn’t look like you expected. Don’t shy away from such places. In fact, the less fancy the décor is, the more likely you are to get an authentic Indian dining experience.
Menus at the Toronto Indian restaurants will probably shock you with their variety. If you’ve never tried Indian food before and are getting lost reading the menu, don’t turn away. Good Indian restaurants in Toronto hire waiters that take time to explain each dish to you in detail.
Tips for Eating Indian Food
When you find the best Indian restaurant in Toronto, you’ll need a few tips to help you enjoy the dining experience in full:
- If you are not a fan of fried food, avoid any dish that’s listed as Padoka. It means such a dish has a tempura batter and most likely has been fried.
- Paneer is full-fat cheese. Such cheese is similar to cottage cheese and doesn’t melt.
- Ghee is butter used in sauces and can be high in calories.
- Malai is a cream that contains a lot of saturated fat.
- Tandoori cooked meats or fish are usually lean and marinated with yogurt.
- Aloo Gobi and Sukhi Bhindi are dishes that contain tasty fresh vegetables.
- Most appetizers are deep fried so you might want to skip them.
While Indian food might seem spicy and unhealthy at first, there are many delicious dishes that you can enjoy without being afraid to gain weight or feel sick to your stomach. All you need to do is find the best Indian restaurant in Toronto and carefully read the menu.